Opportunities with the
United Nations Compensation Commission
The UNCC is currently recruiting an Office Assistant within the Follow-up Programme for Environmental Awards, which was established by the UNCC Governing Council in December 2005 under decision 258.
The purpose of the Follow-up Programme is to provide
technical and financial oversight of the implementation of several
large-scale environmental rehabilitation projects in
As a general overview, the incumbent:
- Scans, registers, distributes, etc. all correspondence of the Programme; maintains the Programme’s filing and reference systems; creates background files on assigned subjects in consultation with the Programme Officers.
- Makes tentative commitments and confirms mutually convenient schedules and receives and directs telephone queries to respective Programme Officers as appropriate.
- Drafts, proofreads and edits outgoing correspondence, reports, documents for spelling and grammatical accuracy, and for adherence to established format standards.
- Makes logistical arrangements for meetings including video/teleconferences.
- Undertakes administrative work for the Programme, in particular, prepares travel requests and travel claims and maintains time and attendance and official leave records of the staff.
- Prepares contracts for consultants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants for the post of Office Assistant (G-4) should submit their application by 29 September 2011 through the UNOG Intranet. This post is advertised under Temporary Vacancy Announcement No. 11/092 which may be viewed by clicking on the following link: No. 11-092.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.